Civic Museum of Ceramics
The identity of Nove is linked with ceramics. The museum, which gathers the examples of local and regional styles of manufacture from 1600s up until today, has been seen as the common house where the entire history of the community resides. The Civic Museum of Ceramics has been created by the citizens with the awareness of being the keepers of the history of the community.
The Civic Museum of Ceramics has been created by the citizens with the awareness of being the keepers of the history of the community. It provides extensive documentation on the variety of styles, patterns and materials used in the production of manufactures from the areas of Nove, Bassano and Vicenza since the seventeenth century and until the present day. The balanced division of exhibits into periods offers a comprehensive vision of both ancient and historical production, as well as the production of famous contemporary artists.
Ceramics from famous factories in Venice, Treviso, Este, as well as examples from other regions (Tuscany, Lombardy, Trentino, Liguria) and abroad (Germany, France and the Netherlands) have been presented on display. The presented products are covered with an extreme variety of decorations representative of the main styles.
The pride of the collection are the nineteenth century mirrors in the Neo-Rococo style, while the vases built for the Universal Exhibition in the second half of the nineteenth century, with which the talented potters from Nove were able to keep up with the best British, French and German manufacturers, appear magnificent.
In the section of contemporary works, stands out the precious collection of ceramics awarded the Prize of the International Exhibition of Ceramics in years 1949-1975, granted as permanent deposit by the Fiera di Vicenza, and which gathers approximately 300 pieces: the works of Italian and foreign artists, some of whom in the meantime become famous. The most prestigious work of this section is the vase with female figures by Pablo Ricasso, dated 1950.
back to museum page...