Historic War Museum – Punta Corbin FortRoana
The Punta Corbin Fort is an Italian fortress of World War I, which belongs to the group of structures of the line of fortifications built in the early 1900s on the Asiago Plateau. Active only in the first year of fighting, Corbin Fort had a marginal role in the unfolding of the events of war, it was occupied by the Austro-Hungarian troops during the Strafexpedition of 1916 and then taken over by the Italians. At the end of the conflict it was used for training, and later abandoned. In the course of the 1900s it was plundered by the “excavators”, sold by the State and purchased in 1942 by the Panozzo family, which since 1982 has been taking care of the recovery. Over the years the owners have carried out a conservation, keeping the fort’s condition as faithful as possible to the original, and for that reason the building was also appreciated as a scenery for historical documentaries. In 2009, the museum of the fort was further developed with the publication of a specific guide on the Corbin, suitable for all types of visitors.
Frequent maintenance works caused many findings to emerge from the rubble to enrich the collection on display.
The amount of objects, photographs and documents found over the years prompted the owners to set up a new, larger museum, opened in the summer of 2011.
July and August: every day from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
April, May, June, September, October, November: Sunday from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
Open on holidays (Easter, 25th April, 1st May, 2nd June, 8th September…) and during winter without snow: make a call to confirm.
Guided tour and weekly openings on appointment.
€ 5,00 full – price ticket
€ 3,00 reduced – price ticket (children, classes and group over 20 people)
Guided tours are conducted by a qualified operator, who adjusts the route and contents according to what was agreed at the time of booking. The view includes the guardhouse, the walkways, the powder magazines, the officers’ quarters, the gun battery, the bastion, the oven and the warehouses, the open and covered trenches.
Tel. 349 268 5543
Web site: www.fortecorbin.ithow to reach us